THE BEST THINGS ABOUT LIVING AND WORKING IN DUBAI
- Dubai is rammed full of expats from multiple nations and myriad backgrounds, making it a true cultural melting pot. This is a massive plus for anyone who wants to learn more about the world – particularly anyone who wants to do so from the comfort of an air conditioned bar in just one single nation!
I.e., you don’t have to go further than Dubai to see and learn so much more about the world. You will make many friends – some of them lifelong – because you will all have a shared experience of living and working in this exciting yet challenging, truly foreign environment.
- You can never ever suffer from boredom in a city within an emirate that has more activities, events, services and facilities than you could get around to enjoying in one lifetime. There is always something new to do, try, taste, see, encounter or experience in Dubai.
Also, because expats come and go, there are always people to try out new experiences with – some of whom will show you the ropes because they are seasoned expats, and some of whom will be seeing things for the very first time just like you are.
- The quality, luxuriousness and attention to detail in Dubai makes it a comfortable place to live, work and explore. It will colour your view of the world too, and when you travel or go back home you’ll be constantly comparing everything from shoddy service to tatty hotel rooms with what you can get in Dubai!
- One shouldn’t underestimate the appeal of a climate that’s predictably hot almost year-round”¦nor of the fact that every shop, bar, restaurant, place of work and expat home has amazing air conditioning!
Living in a climate like Dubai’s allows expats to enjoy an outdoor-centric lifestyle for the majority of the year. And even when it’s too hot to do much more than sit about, at least you can sit about outside, cooled by a fan, enjoying the fact that you can dine al fresco without ever freezing your butt off!
- Dubai is still a land of opportunity – because despite the fact that it burned too brightly and therefore unsustainably for a brief period of time, it has learned many lessons, and is unerringly committed to becoming and remaining a hugely successful international centre for business in many diverse spheres.This means that there remain many opportunities to find well-paying employment in Dubai for anyone looking to enjoy a tax-free lifestyle – in what is a truly unique environment!
Information below from and Quoted from : http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Attractions-g295424-Activities-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html
Dolphin Bay in Dubai is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated dolphin habitats in the world. Here you can select from a range of dolphin interactions suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. Experiences range from standing in shallow water to swimming or scuba diving alongside these charismatic creatures. All Dolphin Bay packages also include access to Aquaventure Waterpark.
Choreographed to music, the Dubai Fountain shoots water as high as 500 feet –that’s as high as a 50-story building. Designed by creators of the Fountains of Bellagio in Vegas, Dubai Fountain Performances occur daily on the 30-acre Burj Khalifa Lake.
The Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) invites visitors and residents alike to learn about the local culture, customs and religion through its various interactive programmes. SMCCU offers cultural breakfast and lunch, Mosque Tours,Bastakiya Heritage District Tours, and educational courses and programmes for students and adults.
Al Sahra Equestrian Centre is a full-service riding centre nestled in an oasis among the desert dunes of Dubai. Large enough to cater for all your riding requirements, yet small enough to maintain a relaxed friendly vibe, our rustic ranch-style property is home to forty horses and a group of camels. We offer rides out on the surrounding desert landscape as well as riding lessons – from absolute beginners up to advanced schooling – along with stable management instruction and livery facilities. Our Camel Encounter programme is popular with both tourists and locals alike, as it offers the chance to experience one of the great traditions of the Middle East.
Set in the heart of ‘new Dubai’, Dubai Marina Yacht Club (DMYC) has rapidly gained a reputation as one of the renowned private yacht clubs of the region, with a purpose built clubhouse forming the centre-piece of four distinctive marinas. Arrayed along the length of a remarkable 3.5km canal, the marinas provide sheltered berthing for over five hundred yachts, in a setting that is simply unrivaled
Surrounded by hotels, shopping destinations and entertainment options, the Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world. For sightseeing, the Burj has an outdoor observation deck, named At the Top on the 124th floor. The observation deck features the Behold Telescope, which allows visitors to view the surrounding landscape in real-time, and to view previously saved images such as those taken at different times of day or under different weather conditions.
Emirates Golf Club, host of the European Tour Omega Dubai Desert Classic and Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, was the first all grass championship golf course in the Middle East when it opened in 1988. Taking pride in its 36 holes of world-class golf, the club sports two of the city’s finest must-play courses, the Majlis and the Faldo Course, which is also the only 18 hole course in the region to offer night golf. Both courses combine the natural rolling desert terrain for a serious golfing test, while the signature clubhouse, remains the most eye-catching in the region. The Majlis Course has been presented with numerous accolades over its 25 year history, the most recent of which were its 2012 ranking by Golf World magazine as one of the ‘Top 100 Golf Courses in the World’ and its award for ‘Best Course Middle East’ in the Asian Golf Monthly Awards 2010 .
The Pavilion Dive Centre is a PADI 5 Star Career Development Centre located at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Focused on PADI Certification Course, diving excursions into the Gulf and Indian Ocean are also available. PADI certifications are recognized worldwide and give you instant access to diving adventures all over the planet.If you are thinking of visiting us and taking your PADI certification, you should start your PADI e-learning now and contact us to book your practical classes. If you are certified and would like to do some diving on your holiday with us, please book in advance.We look forward to welcoming you to Dubai.